Creamy Green Chicken Enchilada Bubble Bake

 


Not the prettiest but certainly very tasty!  I was inspired by a green chicken cobbler recipe that I saw online somewhere.  I thought it sounded like it would make a good bubble bake instead so here we are!  Normally I try to avoid a lot of processed foods but I'm feeling lazy.  Eventually I'll make my own cream of chicken or something but today is not that day!

Ingredients:
12-14 Rhodes dinner rolls
2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
1 - 10 oz can of green enchilada sauce
1 - 10.5 oz can of cream of chicken
1 - 4 oz can chopped green chilies
1/3 cup sour cream
2-3 teaspoons cumin (depending on your family's love of cumin)
2 teaspoons garlic granules
2 cups shredded cheddar or cojack cheese

Remove rolls from freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature for about an hour, but do not allow to rise.  We keep the house pretty cool unless it is summer so often in my kitchen it takes about 90 minutes.
Mix together rest of ingredients, minus the cheese, in a large bowl.  Cut each roll into 6 pieces and stir into the bowl.  Dump it all into a greased 9x13.  Let it rise for 20-30 minutes.  Towards end of rise time preheat oven to 375 degrees.
After rise time top with shredded cheese.  Bake 25-30 minutes (check at 25).  Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving to all the sauce to thicken slightly.
Top with extra sour cream and salsa verde if you wish!   

Comments

Popular Posts